It’s the 1st of January, 2013, and I feel it is an appropriate time to list a few New Years Resolutions, particularly relating to my upcoming round-the-world adventure.
I have a number of things I still need to achieve before I leave, and then a number of things I want to achieve or aim towards whilst on the road, and I feel by writing them down (granted, in an easily-edited format) I may feel more compelled to keep such promises to myself.
- Save money - this involves firstly not spending as much money, and secondly making more money, in order to save the $30,000 or so I hope to have for my trip.
- Better Use My Cameras - this means getting rid off cameras I don’t need, and actually using the cameras I do need more.
- Read More Books – I hardly read any books at all last year. Maybe two or three, versus the one-per-week I intended to read.
- Start Travelling The World – no matter what, set off from Australia and begin my big trip.
- Document My Travels - with photography, video and text, whilst frequently keeping this blog updated. No one-a-month blogs or videos.
- Document My Travels on Film – I predict that shooting a lot of video, and using a lot of traditional film and film cameras may prove to be a bit of a pain in a number of ways, but I want to stick to my guns and use film as much as I can.